Saturday, February 6, 2010

GREETS

Welcome! My name is Brock and I listen to a lot of music. I spend a lot of time with music... stroking, smelling, burning, and sorting it. I don't have many friends any more who share my taste and eccentricities, so writing here is therapy. I can't just find an album like "For Emma, Forever Ago", and not share how I love it. We'll see where this goes I suppose. I save a lot of time by reading Stereogum, Chromewaves, My Old Kentucky Blog, etc... and gratitude for other bloggers is part of my motivation too.

For so, so, so long... the South Bay and especially San Jose, Ca has been the Armpit of the Bay for me. A place void of Scene and without hope of producing awesomeness and great music. But now I live here... and the carcass of Nu/RapMetal has decayed and doesn't stink up the place so much. There are actually records being made here, and people pressing bonafide albums to vinyl, and you can buy them at Streetlight Records and even the Good Karma Cafe. The Mumlers, Careless Hearts, Doctor/Nurse, Slow Trucks. People, I have hope.

I'm gonna write about the albums I find, the record stores that sell them, and the technology that makes it sound better. The shows I see, the crowds that dance, and the people that come across my path. Plop me in your RSS feed, and don't be afraid to start a conversation.